Share this post:
Piping Engineering Manager
Location: Dubai, UAE
Piping Engineering Manager Job duties
- Development of specifications for designing, manufacturing, assembling, testing and inspecting process pipelines in accordance with the requirements of the process technology, chemical composition of fluids, climate and seismic conditions of the given fields.
- Development of corporate technical standards in order to create a uniform code of requirements and to achieve maximal unification of engineering approaches and methods in designing process pipeline systems at all Company's projects.
- Control over the completeness of works performance and compliance of project design documentation with terms and conditions of the design contract, terms of reference, design basis and requirements of regulatory documents.
- Review and approval of main engineering solutions related to designing, manufacturing, assembling, inspecting and testing of process pipelines.
- Technical evaluation of suppliers' proposals and preparation of expert opinions on selection of the most cost-effective, functional and safe solutions.
- Provide highly competent technical support for project teams, contractors and operators within his functional profile.
- Arrange for mentoring of less qualified staff of the Company in the respective functional area and developing professional development programs for such staff.
- Prepare technical reports for the management of the Company and OJSC LUKOIL in the respective area of activity as well as presentations for third parties.
Higher technical (Oil and Gas Field Development; Pipeline transport)
Years of experience
Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
Be a highly qualified expert in the area of process pipeline designing:
- Have a comprehensive experience of performing hydraulic calculations of pipelines, selection of the most optimal diameters, layouts and systems configurations.
- Be capable of calculating hydraulic impacts arising as a result of valves closing or pumps shutdown.
- Have deep academic and specialized knowledge of principles of pipeline strength calculations (e.g. Von Misses, Tresca and other theories of material breakage under complex load).
- Have at least 5-year experience of application of ASME B31.1/ B31.3 and Code Cases and be capable of using formulas and equations of such codes for "manual" stress and flexibility calculations of simple pipelines.
- Be a proficient user of CAESAR II or AutoPIPE software for calculation of complex pipeline systems in accordance with ASME B31.3/ B31.1, including dynamic analysis of seismic loads.
- Experience in preparation of Stress Analysis Calculation Reports.
- Experience in calculation of components with complex geometry using FEPipe or an equivalent software.
- Experience in calculation of localized stresses in vessel walls as a result of pipeline loads on chokes (WRC-107/297, PD5500).
- Ability to select the most optimal types and locations of pipe supports, including spring hangers and constant effort supports.
- Have a comprehensive experience in development of P&ID and Line Lists and preparation of isometric drawings and specifications for manufacturing, assembling and testing of pipelines.
- Have skills to define critical pipelines and prepare Critical Line Lists.
- Be familiar with ASTM, ANSI, API, DIN Standards for piping elements (tubes, flanges, shims, fittings, bolt clamps, stop valves, safety valves, etc.)
- Have a good understanding of mechanical and chemical properties of steel, alloys and polymers used to manufacture piping elements and be capable of making specifications for Piping Classes.
- Have experience in designing pipelines for sour environments (high content of hydrogen) in accordance with the requirements of NACE MR 0175.
- Be familiar with principles and have practical skills of analyzing the pipeline system stability against fatigue breakdown under vibrations: acoustic, mechanical, impulse, water-hammer, cavitational, etc.
- Have a comprehensive experience of equipment arrangement and piping layout at cluster sites and oil and gas gathering and treatment facilities.
- Have necessary training and experience of participation in HAZOP, IPF, HAZAN, HAZID, Design Reviews, 3-D Model Reviews as process pipeline expert.
- Extensive experience in capital development and oil and gas field infrastructure development projects, understanding the sequence of project implementation stages and elaboration of design and estimate documentation at Conceptual, Pre-FEED, FEED Detailed Design stages.
Languages: English - Upper-intermediate